Notice is given to members that the AGM of Village Theatre Waterdown will take place on Monday 10th July, 2017 at 7.00pm in Memorial Hall Waterdown.
The business of the AGM shall include:
- Presentation of brief reports from all members of the Executive Committee.
- Elections to the Board of Directors (5 positions) and the Executive Committee (10 positions). All positions are up for renewal.
- Discussion of any motions presented by the Board, the Executive or by members.
- The exercise by the Board of clause 3.2b of this Constitution (delegation of annual spending authority to the Executive).
Nominations for Board and Executive positions must be sent by E mail to the Secretary of the Executive, Sharon Bellis, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 14 days before the AGM.
Nominations for Board and Executive positions will only be accepted from the floor of the AGM following a proposal and seconder who are members in good standing present at the meeting (i.e. have been members of Village Theatre for at least two months).
Executive job descriptions are available from Don Thorne, at email@example.com. Positions typically include:
- Play-reading Co-ordinator;
- Membership Co-ordinator;
- Production Co-ordinator;
- Volunteer Co-ordinator.
All elections of members to the Board and Executive will be by secret ballot. The results of each ballot shall be recorded jointly by a member of the existing Board and a member of the existing Executive. Results will be reported orally to the AGM, on the VT Website, and in the next available VT Newsletter.